Thursday 27 April 2017

OUGD501 - Studio Brief 02 - Reception

I was able to test out my app using the Adobe XD program on which it was created. This program enables me to test the app on my phone. As I live within driving distance to Bristol, one of the cities that I have developed within the app, I was able to give my mum the app. I did this before she got to Bristol as the app’s reliance on location settings would not be available for use in this trial.


I also decided to ask her a number of questions at the end of her experience with the app and trip to Bristol. This gave me an insight into using my app from a consumer’s perspective. I found this helped a substantial amount in regards to understanding he customer needs.


How easy was the cereal app to use when preparing for your trip to Bristol?
Easy to switch between location with arrows at the top. The homepage was also very clear making it handy when in the city to navigate the app.

Do you think this app would work well when in a city? Yeah as previously said, the homepage is clear and easy to use on the go. The use of location settings make it easy to track where you have visited.

Was there anything that you felt you wanted to do and struggled with within the app?
Navigating between cities was a long process as had to press the back arrows constantly. Maybe if the home page was available from every page?

Is there anything that you think could be added to the app to make it more appropriate for Cereal’s target audience?
Make it even easier to use. This will fit the minimal design of the magazine and will also make it better for use on the go. I also feel that more experiments on the layout may also lead to better final pages

Can you suggest any other ways my app could interact with the user to add to a better user experience?
Could have more interactivity between each location and the user. Like restaurant menus, deals on and events.

Any other comments?
Would be good if there were more cities making it easier to plan city breaks in advance. Could also create some kind of leader board to compete with people on places visited.









I also decided to ask someone who better suited Cereal’s target audience the same questions. I asked Luke, who is 21 and fits within the independent magazine’s target market being a graphic design student in Leeds. The responses were as follows:

How easy was the cereal app to use when preparing for your trip to Bristol?

Do you think this app would work well when in a city?

Did you find it easy to use the app?

Was there anything that you wanted to do and struggled with within the app?

Is there anything that you think could be added to the app to make it more appropriate for Cereal’s target audience?

Can you suggest any other ways my app could interact with the user to add to a better user experience?

Any other comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment