Thursday 27 April 2017

OUGD501 - Studio Brief 02 - Outcomes and Evaluation

My final outcome can be viewed in a number of forms. Through distribution, I looked at producing an ad for my app that can be seen within Cereal’s biannual magazine however my final video also work well in this way as can be played before Youtube videos and on Facebook. My app can also be previewed using the Adobe XD program where it was made. All the different media comes together to form my final outcomes.

Overall, I feel this project has been successful. By referring to my essay and brief throughout the design process, I have completed outcomes which are successful and well informed. My initial research on independent magazines and print/ digital interactions meant I was confident with my target audience and was able to create an app that was suitable for the user. The research I did on Cereal as a magazine also helped with understanding the target audience however it also influenced the final outcome of the magazine. I was able to get a better understanding of how my app should look. I focused on making use of white space and creating a minimal looking design. 


User experience was another factor that I identified as being important earlier within the brief. This was an aspect of my work that I was able to receive feedback on through critiques and tests with users. Through this I found that my app worked successfully and was easy to use for both planning days out and finding locations when wandering around a city. When designing my app I also found that sticking to Cereal’s minimal themes helped users to navigate through pages. 



cereal city guide app8 from Rob Harper on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment