Thursday 21 April 2016

OUGD401 - Study Task 06

1. I want to design a brief that has a digitally printed outcome. The posters I will create wil be in a style chosen from history and will first be produced through hand drawn sketches before moving on to illustrator. I will go to the digital print room in college to print my design. It is important that I consider the stock's size, weight and print quality.

2. I want my project to focus on Victoria's Secret's ads. I hope to re-create one of their ads through one of more posters. These poster(s) will communicate the issue I have raised about their ads through my own ideas.

3. I feel that, although Victoria's Secret's issues were exposed after their 'Love my Body' campaign, they continue to sexualise women within their ads which forces unrealistic body types onto their younger naive audiences.

4. I will look more closely at Victoria Secret ads as research and will look into what the effects the of these have on people. I feel like I should find out for myself what people's opinions are on this topic as primary research to help better develop my progress. I will also look into the historic style I could use to portray these ads effectively.

5. I will look to progress my ideas further using feedback from my crits throughout the brief. I will also look to improving my design by experimenting with different ideas on illustrator. Things can be quickly changes and then saved as documentation of my progress. Within my evaluation I will look at what has helped and influenced my work the most throughout the project. I will also look at how I used my research within the task as it is essential that there are strong links to my essay using this.

No comments:

Post a Comment