Tuesday 7 February 2017

OUGD501 - Practical - Establishing an idea

COP 2 asks to create a visual response to the essay question chosen within COP 1. This is to be done by applying one of a number of graphic practices including:


Typography and type design
Advertising / public awareness
Branding and logo design
Editorial design
Design for screen
Print making

As my essay focuses on magazines and other similar publications, I decided to look at the main points and base my practical work off this. Such points included how print and digital media can work together in the modern age and how despite the advancements in technology, print has continued in popularity.

I created a mind map to help me develop ideas for this brief. This included all my thoughts for progression and any possible ideas I felt were appropriate for this body of work.






I had three main ideas that stemmed from this mind map. These were to:

redesign a successful magazine such as Vogue or Cosmopolitan so it would work digitally and in an interactive way,

create a physical publication that has a separate digital element linked using QR codes or other similar features,

to redesign the cereal city guides so they are available on a digital platform.

My next step will be to research each idea and bring what I find to a critique for feedback and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment